October 05, 2006

Good customer service


good customer service
Originally uploaded by crr29061.
Well, this morning I ordered breakfast and unfortunately there were no utensils, which one would need for yogurt and cereal! So I thought I'd mention it to the concierge at the Sheraton. Maureen couldn't have been nicer! She slipped this note under my door with a voucher for breakfast the next day to make it up to me. This is a wonderful example of excellent customer service! While it doesn't directly relate to libraries per se, it does remind me that library staff, not only those serving the public, but everyone in the library should strive to give excellent customer service! It makes life better! And remember, while you're at work, the library is renting your personality so be sure to be friendly, smile, and treat patrons as you would your best friend :-) The experience of receiving great customer service will make them want to come back and they'll also tell their friends what a great staff works at the library. This is free PR you can't just get anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment