A website dedicated to documenting the greening of libraries in the United States and beyond. This site is frequently being updated. Check back to see the growing list of libraries that are creating more environmental friendly and sustainable institutions. This site also contains a list of green resources for assisting libraries who are interested in becoming green.
What makes a Library Green? There are numerous things libraries can do to become greener. Some examples are:
- Use renewable energy resources such as solar, wind and geothermal
- Conserve non-renewable energy and scarce materials
- Reduce human exposure to hazardous materials
- Implement pedestrian friendly design elements
- Support access to alternative transportation like mass transit and bicycles