August 05, 2008

Storytelling and Science

This morning on the drive in to work, I listened to this wonderful podcast from Radio Lab. It's about science and the art of storytelling. I think it's an important message about using the art of storytelling to convey messages so that people will remember them and understand science better. It is Robert Krulwich's Cal Tech graduation speech. Also, he's very funny and thought provoking. I highly recommend giving it a listen.

http://blogs.wnyc.org/radiolab/2008/07/29/tell-me-a-story/




Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this! My husband and I just finished listened to it, and I'm getting ready to forward the link to a number of friends and colleagues.

    Krulwich's message is one that we all need to take to heart, whatever our field. Our best stories, effectively told, will be remembered far better and far longer than any statistics we may offer to justify our funding.

    ReplyDelete