July 25, 2007

Decrapification - new word

I just learned about this today and had to share it!

Ever bought a new PC only to realize in horror that it comes pre-loaded with every piece of crapware ever created? Well, it happened to me when I bought my dad a new Dell notebook a few months ago, and it took me almost two hours to uninstall countless of useless software from AOL to Bonzi Buddy. I just ordered a new Dell E1405 and just the thought of going through the process again …. aaaargh. Fortunately, I’m not the only one who hates Dell for doing this. Enter the PC Decrapifier, a script that allows you to automatically uninstall all junk that’s pre-loaded on most new PCs. It was originally called the Dell Decrapifier but the author decided to rename it to the more politically correct PC Decrapifier. After all, Dell is not the only manufacturer that does this.You can download the PC Decrapifier from the author’s website at: http://www.yorkspace.com/pc-de-crapifier/

Decrapify your new PC? « www.popovici.net

Blogged with Flock

No comments:

Post a Comment