June 12, 2008

Thinking about e-Learning


Rodin - The Thinker
Originally uploaded by rwhitesi37
I've recently been attending some Web-Ex sessions on how to use Constant Contact for email marketing and picked up a wonderful tip on how to engage online/virtual attendees. At the beginning of each online session, the trainer actually picked out 2-3 people and asked what they hoped to get out of the session and share their specific situation. I thought this was a great way to get immediate buy in and participation for the online session. Many sessions I have attended using our OPAL room tend to have attendees who don't ask questions or use the mic for VOIP so I think the next time I host a session I'm going to use this tip and ask a few attendees what they hope to get out of the session and build a connection right up front!

No comments:

Post a Comment